Jul 20, 2009

bah

just a short update...

we´re leaving Cuzco today, thank God. It´s touristville and wearing me out. I feel like everything is a ploy to rip me off and charge me too much for something because my skin is white. We bought "tourist passes" that are supposed to get us into all the cool sites, but they it only includes a few, most of which are too far away or not worth seeing. We did use the pass to see some ruins and one (lame) muesum... Hopefully today we´re going to hike to some other ruins on top of a mountain. It´s beautiful here, but i don´t like this overwhelming feeling of touristy-ness. To be honest, I´m homesick for Chile. I think we both are. I want to be in Maria Paz´s house, making Pisco Sour, watching movies, laughing at everything and at nothing. We actually tried to see if we could move our flight to Santiago up to 3 or 4 days earlier, but we can´t. So we´re pushing through, hanging on to hope that God has a plan for this... there´s a reason we´re here for 7 more days... Not sure what it is yet. But I´m glad we´re getting out of Cuzco.

Tonight we´ll take an overnight bus to Puno, and after arriving at 6am we´ll take a boat to visit 3 of the famous floating islands on Lake Titicaca, spending the night on the third one with a family in their house, where they will cook us "typical" dinner and breakfast, and we´ll get to hang out at some kind of festival or celebration or dance party or something. I think it will be sweet. We went ahead and planned this all out with a tourist agency, so we dont have to think about making plans for the next couple of days, they´re already done and paid for. ($50 usd for the 9 hour bus to puno, the boat rides to all islands, lunch, dinner, breakfast, and the boat ride back to the mainland the next day. ) From there we´ll chill around Lake Titicaca for a while, or maybe head over to La Paz. Not sure. Please pray for our plans... that our homesickness won´t blind us to what´s in store for this week.

That´s all for now. I´m going to try to find some ice cream to make me feel better.

1 comment:

Emily Clark said...

huzzah!
will do!
love you!