Feb 19, 2009

Fairy tales and Jesus

God is so good!!! He has listened to our prayers and even just our normal conversations between me and Molly. Usually we don´t really know where we´re going to go at the beginning of the day. Like today, I have no idea where I´m going after I finish writing this blog. But God is so faithful and so good and is so excited to be taking us on this trip that I know He has somewhere awesome planned for us!

So in Ancud we just hung out, made friends with our guide, Franco, and tried to avoid the senora of our hostel who, although she was very friendly, developed a habit of screaming three inches from my face when she wanted to talk to us I guess because she thought it would make me understand Spanish better.
Yesterday morning we got up, enjoyed kuchen for breakfast, and then ventured out into the rain to find a bus to somewhere, although we weren´t sure where. Once we had all our things we boarded a bus to Quemchi, a small town that my travel book said was pretty nice, and headed out with a steaming hot milcao -- a fried wad of mashed potatoes with chicken in the middle -- in our hands. We got out of the bus and started walking, waiting for God to show us where He wanted us to stay. And of course, he did. We arrived at a perfectly hospitable little hospedaje facing the ocean where the senora welcomed us in and invited us to enjoy a cup of warm coffee by the fire. There were pictures of mountains and rivers with Psalms written under them decorating the walls everywhere. She suggested that we go visit a small island nearby, which turned out to be the answer to a whole bundle of prayers that Molly and I had lifted up to our Father. We ended up hitch hiking for half of the journey, which is a really normal thing to do in this area, and which was completely necessary in the never ending rain that weighted down our clothes.
The night before, over raspberry daquiries Molly and I had been recalling some of the imaginary games we would play as chileren -- like playing survival-in-the-wildreness games on top of Babe´s dog house in the Boiles´back yard or pretending to be orphans living only in the company of a bunch of animals -- and wishing that some day we would be able to abandon ourselves to imagination again. And God gave us the island.

I cannot describe its magic, or even what happened, because it is too awesome and big for words, but I am pretty sure I am going to write a children´s story about it that hopefully someday you can read.

God also knew how much I was missing my family, and so he brought them to visit me in my dream last night. I was there with my grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, parents, Tyler and Cody, (and even two little kittens!) and we were all just hanging out. Normally my dreams are very complicated, but this was just us hanging out, listening to Grandaddy make up songs on the piano and enjoying each other´s company. Thanks, God.

Anyhow, I have to go. we keep getting kicked off the computers, which is probably for the best because we need to go enjoy the fact that its not raining at the moment.

I posted pictures on facebook -- you should go check them out.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2002065&id=1536330170&saved#/album.php?aid=2002065&id=1536330170&ref=mf

love love love......... and PLEASE keep the comments coming! its so great to feel connected to the other side of the equator and to know that we are not being forgotten in our absence.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the dream,a peek into your childhood, and I will pray the hitchhking is minimal and safe! You will never know how much this blog means to me. I love you! Mom

mayailana said...

you are too much... I love you too much. and it makes me laugh almost everytime I read this because I think its super funny of all the crazy stuff yall are doing that your parents are reading about. and as much as I know they love to hear your stories I also know not all of your stories are going to exactly help them sleep at night... thats cute.

also- it is truly the best when you dream about stuff in a way that is totally relaxing and allows you to rest in the dream. I hope your nights are full of this kind of sleep

Jenny said...

Hola mija . aqui esta su papa. i sure do love reading all your adventures. I forgot I could post a comment here and there. sounds like you are having a little bit of heaven on earth. I am thanking God cada dia for you and for His grace and protection and for all the adventures that you are having. It sounds as tho you are drawing ever closer to Him. Be safe and be His daughter with all that that entails. amor

johnaboiles said...

A couple things:
1. I hope you plan to learn how to cook this kuchen
2. I'm glad Babe's doghouse was a part of your childhood.