Jun 20, 2008

buddha

This has to be brief; I have a presentation to prepare for monday -- all in Spanish.

Last night tons of people from our group went out to this place called Buddha Bar, which is actually a really cool place. It has three floors, the first is really chill and has a restaurant, the second floor has an indoor and outdoor bar with music in the inside bar; the third floor is an all-out discoteca. I had fun, but several times I stopped and looked around the solid mass of young human flesh around me and saw how completely ridiculous the whole thing is. I kind of felt like I found myself taking part in some tribal mating ritual. I just wanted to dance, and had to brush off the few vulture-like spanish guys who had other ideas. When it became so crowded that dancing was no longer possible and instead it was just a single mass of hormonal flesh pulsating with a beat that some might call music, I had to leave. It´s official -- I don´t like going out if that´s what "going out" means. It was fun for the most part, just not to be repeated.

So we didn´t get home until 4:30am and i didnt get to sleep until 5, which means today is a sleepy day. Not much else besides school, this project...oh, and my bocadillo today was a new kind and it was delicious. I was excited.

That´s it. I miss you all......I think about coming home more than I probably should, even though I´m enjoying my last week here.

7 days................

4 comments:

Jenny said...

some things never change...glad you are not into that scene! We are counting the days here too ...and I walk past your room and know it will be filled with you again soon! Going to Kim and Dave's garage sale this afternoon...I'll get you something! Love you...Mom

Molly said...

just one question: did the discoteca have light up floors? because if it did, i cannot excuse the fact that you didnt have fun. fun MUST be had with light up floors.
miss you
LOVELOVELOVE

Kim said...

i can't help but picture people actually doing the disco when i think of a discoteca, and i agree with molly about the floors.

Catie J said...

no light up floors, sorry. discoteca has nothing to do with disco here. you can´t call them clubs though, because that means a brothel. i don´t really want to go to one of those.