Jun 26, 2008

fin.

Well, almost. Today is my last day of classes, and tomorrow night I get on an all-night bus to Madrid so that I can spend the day in airports and airplanes, and then soon be in the arms of my own family. I am sad to be leaving this place that has just started to feel like home, but I am even more excited about seeing my friends and family. The most beautiful scenery in the world is that of familiar faces.

Summer has swallowed up Sevilla, and she is burning in its insides. Yesterday´s high here was around 106 or 107 -- Saturday´s high is supposed to be 111. It is intense. I am excited about air conditioning! Speaking of heat, lots of people just walked in and they smell big time like b.o..

Obviously I don´t have much to say............

tonight is the big game -- russia vs. spain. If spain wins they go to the semifinals or finals or whatever it´s called. I´m going out with my friends to take part in the insanity of watching fĂștbol games in public. Apparently we have to get there like 1n hour early so it doesnt fill up. I´m so excited.

Thats it....i´m hot, and that´s making me tired.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so happy that you will be home soon, but sad that I won't read your thoughts and experiences every morning. I speak for many when I say thank you for writing so eloquently and openly for all of us to share. We love you Catie! Mom

Molly said...

whatever, you know that was totally tour own BO...haha!
matthew and april and sam and ella just got here and the soccer game you mentioned is on. as much as i love these babies and my family, i kinda wish i was watching it in a bar in sevilla with you...
LOVELOVELOVE and see you sooooon!!!!!!!